Winfield Mini Farm – 19 acres
Lucas Road, Lucas, Fayette County, West Virginia, United States
The Laurel Creek Tract is an ideal property for outdoor recreation of all kinds. This 100 acre tract sits on Laurel Creek, a beautiful stream feeding into the Gauley River National Recreation Area. The tract offers great access via Lucas Road along the frontage, and a maintained gravel road for access to the interior of the property. The gently sloped forestland would make a perfect site for your getaway cabin with power running along the road frontage, and service lines running the interior of the property. The tract was timbered over twenty year ago, allowing for new growth and an extensive trail system of old haul roads for hiking and trail riding. Located less than 30 minutes from Fayetteville, there are recreation opportunities abound. The New River Gorge and Gauley River offer world-class whitewater and rock climbing, and the best day hikes that West Virginia has to offer.
– 1800 feet of road frontage along Lucas Rd for possible access points in to the property.
– Harrah Cemetery Road goes through the north end of the property for 2000 feet to reach the upper elevations of the tract, where old logging roads branch off for trails.
– Elevation ranges from 1300 ft at the creek to about 1800 feet at the highest ridge.
– Laurel Creek runs along the eastern boundary of the property.
– Topography is gently sloped allowing you plenty of spots for a possible cabin build.
– Power lines run along Lucas Road as well as a service line ROW in the interior of the property.
– Cell service is spotty on the property, but can be found at higher elevations of the property.
– 20 minutes to the town of Ansted
– Less than 30 minutes to Fayetteville
– 20 minutes to four lane highway (US-19)
– 30 minutes to Summersville Lake
– New River Gorge National Park is America’s newest National Park. The park offers premier whitewater rafting as well as rock climbing, hiking, fishing and hunting. Growth opportunities have already begun in the New River and Gauley River area and this tract is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the new-found interest in the area with a large acreage for your recreation paradise.
– The Gauley River National Recreation Area is more public land that is next door to the tract. The Upper and Lower section is known worldwide for its thrilling whitewater trail as well as secluded fishing for trout, bass, walleye and musky.
– Summersville Lake is the largest lake in West Virginia, offering boat rental, camp grounds, fishing and swimming.
– Hawks Nest State Park offers an amazing viewshed and short hikes of the New River.
– Laurel Creek Falls is a hidden gem just up the road from the tract
Visiting the Property:
– Tract can be visiting as a self-showing or by scheduling with a WVLandGroup agent.
– The interactive map of the property, seen below, can be shared with buyers to have on their phone while looking at the tract. Contact us to learn how to use the MapRight app to save maps for offline use.
– If you plan to visit the property, please let us know ahead of time so we can be available to answer any questions you may have while you are there.
This 75 Acre property sits on Kettle Road west of…
About the Property: This tract is 77 acres of easily…